Svar
Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Sted: Maine U S A
Kontakt:

Customs Corvette

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » fre aug 17, 2012 19:46

I am having the car shipped to Norway as originally planned. I have check the regulations on cars coming in to Norway and it seems that I would not have a problem with import duty because I do not live in Norway and will not stay in Norway for a year.

The question I have is.....can I leave Norway and drive my car in other countries that are part of the European Union....do I have to come back to Norway to send my car home ?

Let me know if you have information on those questions

Jack

Brukeravatar
norway_triumph
Corvette-Newbie
Corvette-Newbie
Sted: akershus
Kontakt:

Re: Customs Corvette

Legg inn av norway_triumph » søn aug 19, 2012 18:55

Jack Panzica skrev:The question I have is.....can I leave Norway and drive my car in other countries that are part of the European Union..
Yes
..do I have to come back to Norway to send my car home ?
No

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Sted: Maine U S A
Kontakt:

Travel Update

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tir aug 21, 2012 14:18

Ok folks, here is the latest news on trip schedules.

The car/container arrives in Bremerhaven , Germany on the 30th or so of September. Container is transferred to a tramp steamer, that takes it to Oslo, Norway by the 5th of September.

I will ship the car back from Norway the week of October 22-27

I wonder around the docks until I find the right place, unload car from container, show documents to Customs (no duty or taxes in Norway if you do not stay more than 1 year ) .

I fly into Oslo on the 3rd of September, it is about a 13 -15 hour flight from Portland ME / Newark / Oslo . Leave at 12:45 pm on Sunday and arrive at 10 am , Monday in Oslo.

Spend two days in and around Oslo waiting for car to arrive.

On the road I hope by the 6th heading north to Trondheim, Norway.

Members of the Corvette Club of Norway and AMCAR will be helping me get the car and attend little gatherings of car owners.

After that I have to watch out for bears, deer and moose on the roads, not very many people, just like Maine...

I will post some costs and details later....right now I am working on becoming a Cinematographic expert....should be fun....lots of pictures and 90 second videos coming your way...

Jack

Brukeravatar
stigaa
Corvette-Fanatic
Corvette-Fanatic
Sted: Stjørdal
Kontakt:

Legg inn av stigaa » tir aug 21, 2012 14:32

Hi jack
i did contact custom in Oslo and dressed your question regarding driving your vehicle in europe, this is answere i got.
They said it was a bit special request and you should contact custom office in Oslo where they should give you a temporary driving permit for your corvette and it will be suficient documentation to take you Corvette out of the Container and drive true europe.
i really cant understand why it should be any different if you shipped your vehicle in a container or if you was travelling with your vehicle inside a cruise ship if it was possible, and you could drive straigth out of the ship.
they cant expect you to bring your Corvette on your airplane as luggage :lol: but i will ask them for contact info in Oslo and get back to you

Brukeravatar
stigaa
Corvette-Fanatic
Corvette-Fanatic
Sted: Stjørdal
Kontakt:

Legg inn av stigaa » tor aug 23, 2012 08:20

Hi Jack
i got a new reply from Custom in Oslo regarding your question, if your vehcile will be released true a custome clerance office in Oslo, you will need a stamped documentation from Customs office in Oslo that confirmes that this custome clearance office can release your vehicle. Custome will check that you are not registered as resident in Norway, so you will have to bring your pasport to custom, they will help you make this documentation and the vehicle will be released only to the person who is owner of vehicle, Customeclearance office will keep this documentation in their system to proof this for Customs in the future,
Address for custom in Oslo is

Tollbugata 1 A
0152 Oslo
Tel:21 62 83 34
Tollregion Oslo og Akershus

Svar