Svar
Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Sted: Maine U S A
Kontakt:

weather problems delay Now arriving on Tuesday

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man jun 17, 2013 01:46

I will be in Europe on Tuesday not Monday as planned. Flight problems from Portland ME to Philly. Just have to drive fast to make the date of cake and coffee in Belgium.

Tuesday, I drive from Wezep , Netherlands, to Belgium for lunch with some hosts from last year's trip. Then on to Forges les Euax , small town in France , (hotel stop) . Wendsday, on to Le Mans.

Lots of activities at the track and town. Many photos to follow

Jack

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Corvette Vagabond lives off land in France ?

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tor jun 20, 2013 11:48

Hi,

I am in a small town just south of Le Mans. Staying for a few days with a group of NCRS members from the UK and Netherlands.

Jack Humphrey, of the NCRS US, is running a judging session, and today they are judging 3 cars.

Tom Falconer of UK has organized the Farmhouse Inn that we are staying at. La croix Joreau, www.lacroixjoreau.com.

Later , I am off to Le Mans to shoot pictures and meet the members from the Corvette Club of France, who have invited me to Le Mans.

I have been driving a wonderful C-5 for the week and I have to admit , it is fun to drive, AC , Auto and fast.

Some pictures of the judging workshop last night and the farm

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Car that I am driving in front of my room

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Le Mans Corvette Pit area

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » lør jun 22, 2013 01:26

The Corvette Vagabond was allowed to go inside the ropes at Le Mans to meet crew and shoot photos. Race starts at 3 pm Europe , 9 am US time.

You can see all the photos by clicking on this link

http://s633.photobucket.com/user/jackfi ... ette%20Pit

Bilde

Miss Le Mans not in pit area

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Corvette Race Team at Le Mans 2013

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » fre jun 28, 2013 03:48

Hello & Bonjour to all,

While I am getting my car ready to go tomorrow to NJ to join the Vikings in the new world for the Lincoln Highway Tour send off, I thought you might like the warm up lap of Le Mans that I shot.

The Corvette Race Team cars are shown. Just click on the link

http://youtu.be/sL0nVWiVAxQ

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Corvette Race Team at Le Mans 2013

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » søn jun 30, 2013 01:41

Here is the actual start of Le Mans shot by me 2013

Click on you tube link not picture for video..... full screen to get full effect of start

Jack

http://youtu.be/Vl-vgdSO3yU

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Clutch Pedal pivot rod repair

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » søn jul 07, 2013 04:55

I had started out for NYC last week to join the Scandinavians in a send off of starting their Lincoln Highway Tour 2013.

As you recall, my pedal was heading left. Well about 3 miles away from home the pedal came off. Tow truck brought it back home and I was in my other car and off to NYC. I was fortunate not to have it break in the middle of CT or MA.

Once back home I took on the job of repairing the pedal. I ordered a new pivot rod and had it welded back on to pedal. The following pictures will give you an idea what it looks like to do the repair.

First you have to take out the seat and steering column 1/2 hour

Bilde

You have to take off the clutch spring and cover along with the column hardware . You can see the column hole in firewall . Also notice the bolts that hold the master brake cylinder and two above hold the pedal assembly to firewall

Bilde

Column out complete , do not take apart , just pull out after removing under cluster supports.

Bilde

Bilde

Parts laid out on table. column parts in order , pedal assembly

Bilde

Broken pivot rod and replacement rod inserted in pedal

Bilde

Bilde

Original Capacitor for brake lights

Bilde

Pedal installed into assembly

The bushings used are the plastic ones use also in the headlights and convertible top latch assembly. Just re grease and insert pedal pivot rod and re-clip

Bilde

All done . Total time about 4 hours without rushing.

Bilde

Brukeravatar
norway_triumph
Corvette-Newbie
Corvette-Newbie
Sted: akershus
Kontakt:

Re: Hello to the Corvette Club Norway

Legg inn av norway_triumph » søn jul 07, 2013 19:48

hmm steering column - hmm , been planning the job on my box, but still riding with all that play in it. been a bit reluctant to start the job as everything must go in with wheel alignment straight forward..
Might be putting the vette in the workshop over winter (instead of the barn) and have the steering box sendt away.

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Clutch Pedal pivot rod repair

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tor jul 11, 2013 04:00

Hi , it only takes 15 minutes to take out column. Take out seat first, then bolt on steering knuckle, take off spring on clutch rod z bar, unbolt cover firewall that spring attaches to . loosen spring clamp on steering column and clamps.

Go under dash and take off air vent knobs from cluster first. Unplug signal wires on column, take out four bolts that hold column to birdcage under dash. Before you take out column, make sure wheels are straight, and mark steering shaft at rag joint , so you can slip it back in the same place, the flat of the shaft should be center in the rag joint. See pictures above. Column is still supported by the column support that screws into bottom of cluster, Support steering wheel with bungy or friend, unscrew last support on cluster, and pull column and shaft as one piece out , see pictures. As you pull out column , have some one catch the shaft spring, washer, clamp and firewall support as you pull out column through fire wall, Make sure you do not spin wheel while out of car, as you can damage the signal cam in hub. I put a piece of tape on the hub and wheel so it can not spin.

Should take 45 minutes time. Put blanket on back deck and on floor of car, you lay on your back to take out the bolts under dash with feet up on deck. That is if they reach......lol...

Jack

and now the rest of the clutch pedal story

I found the photos of the welding of the pivot rod to the Clutch pedal. Special thanks to Cottage Road Service Center, in South Portland , ME for the weld. Dan did the work. I take my regular cars to them and my corvette for special projects that require a lift or welding.

Parts on welding table

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Dan ready to fire up the welder

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Put back in pedal assembly

Bilde

Dan with finished assembly

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Scandinavians on Tours US

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » fre jul 12, 2013 21:04

Here are some of the cars traveling across the US . Enjoy the photos and the look for posts for location of hotels in the cities on the route posted above.

I met them in NJ for the send off, as you know my clutch pedal broke and I had to drive to NY in a modern AC car. I was presented with the Norway Corvette Club award for Valor.....living and staying with them in Norway and for posting on the Norway Corvette Forum.

Here is a quick calender of the Lincoln Highway Tour 2013

Jul 1: Secaucus NJ/New York
Jul 2-4: Gaithersburg, MD
Jul 4-5: Pittsburgh, PA
Jul 5-6: Canton, OH
Jul 6-8: Fort Wayne, IN
Jul 8-10: Chicago/Alsip, IL
Jul 10-11: Cedar Rapids, IA
Jul 11-12: Ames, IA
Jul 12-13: Columbus, NE
Jul 13-14: North Platte, NE
Jul 14-19: Cheyenne, NE, Denver, CO
Jul 19-20: Evanston, WY
Jul 20-21: Salt Lake City, UT
Jul 21-22: West Wendover, NV
Jul 22-23: Ely, NV
Jul 23-24: Reno, NV
Jul 24-25: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Jul 25-26: Sacramento, CA
Jul 26-29: Oakland/San Francisco, CA

Telephone number to reach them, for location stays. Harry Harbakk is president of Corvette Club of Norway and will answer 1 239-450-5783 Tell him Jack sent you .

Here are some of the cars traveling across the US . Enjoy the photos and the look for posts for location of hotels in the cities on the route posted above.

I met them in NJ for the send off, as you know my clutch pedal broke and I had to drive to NY in a modern AC car. I was presented with the Norway Corvette Club award for Valor.....living and staying with them in Norway and for posting on the Norway Corvette Forum.

By clicking this link you will go to a slide show with all the cars ....

Bilde
Viking Cars on display 103 by CorvetteVagabond, on Flickr

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Thinking of leaving your Corvette to your children ? Think

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » søn jul 14, 2013 22:20

What do you get when you leave your car to your children ? You get a wonderful time machine. I see myself 43 years ago through my son.

Young and with a Corvette..... ps I still have to put gas in the tank !

:party:

Adam and friend Emily

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Corvette Vagabond tries out new 2014 Shark

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » søn jul 21, 2013 15:47

My new ride, and I still can miss a shift. Click on link

http://youtu.be/7JgUyy6keVc

Brukeravatar
norway_triumph
Corvette-Newbie
Corvette-Newbie
Sted: akershus
Kontakt:

Re: Hello to the Corvette Club Norway

Legg inn av norway_triumph » tir jul 23, 2013 07:20

:lol: :lol:

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Visit from German friends

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man sep 23, 2013 17:41

Hello to all,

Sorry for lack of posts since I got back from France and the Le Mans race. I think 4 years of travel and posting just got to me. I had trouble sitting down looking at pictures or doing posts. I was driving my car every day when possible.

Good news, I am back in the saddle and will host 2 couples from Berlin , Germany. They fly into Boston, drive up to Portland , Maine, stay for 3 days, with me lending my car to them to explore the coast of Maine.

Matthias's parents where very kind to me on my first night in Germany, by letting me stay with them in their castle.

Here are some photos of my time with them. I will post more once they arrive. I am still waiting for a few of my US hosts to come up for a visit.

Bilde

Nice parents

Bilde

Matthias's 65

Bilde

Frank's Bat mobile

Bilde

I am lending them my car to drive along the coast of Maine, should be fun for them.

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Lobster for dinner

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man sep 23, 2013 17:42

I had the pleasure to hosts 2 couples from Germany at my home and city of Portland , Maine.

Pictures of ferry ride to Peaks Island, Food, and Lobster dinner at my home . Enjoy !

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Drinking game , I lost.....

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man sep 23, 2013 17:43

Many thanks to Matthias, Frank , Bettina & Claudia for the wonderful gift. We drank it all, you play a game drinking from the boot without making a splash as the beer drains back down the boot. If you make a splash , you have to drink again.....and again...and again...

[URL=http://s633.photobucket.com/user/jackfi ... 4.jpg.html]Bilde[/URL

Svar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable