Svar
Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Sted: Maine U S A
Kontakt:

European Corvette Forums

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tor apr 18, 2013 19:53

I am, as the Corvette Vagabond ,proud and honored to announce that my post "Visit to Finland with a C-2" is at almost 50,000 views on the Finnish corvette forum. Hard to believe such a response in a country with only 5.5 million people. They truly enjoy life, hard work, and of course "Corvettes"

http://finnshark.com/forum/index.php

I have heard from some members of the German Corvette Forum , that I should mention my post on their forum.

I am very proud to announce the the Corvette Vagabond has had over 50,269 views of my European Trip. Many thanks to Yankeededandy (Martin) on the forum for introducing me to a great group of Corvette enthusiasts.

http://www.corvetteforum.de/thread.php? ... =52062&sid

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Trim repair

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tir apr 23, 2013 15:28

I am continuing with engine bay clean up and maintenance. The hood has been repaired and painted. My heater motor, still works but has a loose bearing, and rattles when turned on. I had thought it was the fan hitting the enclosure, but after taking motor out and bench testing it, the motor itself rattles. I can move the shaft in and out about 1/8" or more.

I have ordered a new motor as I don't believe you can take the motor apart. Only $29 from Zip Products for a new one. I will use the old fan as it is still in good shape.

Even though I completed a restoration of the engine bay only 3 years ago, 50,000 miles will produce a little dirt and grime.

On the trim, the photos show how I put on the front piece. It is very important to make sure the there is room under the rubber, to slip in trim. Soap and cleaning out all the sealer from windshield install will help.

I should have the car back together in a few days.

Motor Fan Overflow

Bilde

Bilde

Trim need to find midpoint

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Job done

Bilde

Hood

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

A magical moment !

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tir apr 23, 2013 22:32

You walk around grumpy, nothing seems right, people will ask, whats wrong ?

But we know what is wrong, and we have done something to fix it.

But you have to wait, just a bit if you use the right vendor.

And then it happens..you come down the driveway, afraid to look up....and then you do ....

And then the magical moment ! You float out of the car and walk up to the door and there it is....

Bilde

In my case, Zip Products, new heater motor and other little goodies

Brukeravatar
norway_triumph
Corvette-Newbie
Corvette-Newbie
Sted: akershus
Kontakt:

Re: Hello to the Corvette Club Norway

Legg inn av norway_triumph » ons apr 24, 2013 06:48

anything wrong with the overflow tank or have you just removed it to gain access ?

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » ons apr 24, 2013 14:14

norway_triumph skrev:anything wrong with the overflow tank or have you just removed it to gain access ?

Hello Jan-Ivar,

Yes, removed it to get at motor. Bad bearing after 47 years. Motor works fine but rattles when turning. The original motor is sealed and not really fixable. I will save it , as it is date coded . I also am cleaning the overflow tank and battery area as part of my 3 years or 50,000 mile clean up.

It is looking very good for my return to Europe this summer. Le Mans June 17-23 and then back with my car for August and part of Sept. I hope to start my trip again in Norway and work my way south.

I hope all is well with you and family. This time I hope to be there without snow.

Jack

Brukeravatar
norway_triumph
Corvette-Newbie
Corvette-Newbie
Sted: akershus
Kontakt:

Legg inn av norway_triumph » tor apr 25, 2013 06:45

:) no snow down south now. been a very mild winter this year with almost no snow. didn't have to plow snow from my driveway once this year !!That'll be a first since i moved to where i live now. Everyone is ok over her. Henrietet have moved out -closer to where she is going to school - youngsters you know...

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Rebuild the Holley 4160 or leave it alone ?

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » fre mai 03, 2013 20:38

As I prepare the car for a long season of driving both in the US and Europe the engine has been my focus.

The car has 50,0000 miles on engine since rebuild in 2010

New carb Holley 4160 put on in 2010 Correct L-79 66 Roadster

All new wires, timing springs, oil, (1,200-1,500 mp Qt.) plugs

Car began to get 9-10 mpg in winter after I got it back from Europe (Dec)

Was getting 14-15 hi 12 mpg town

Put in all new stuff as listed and now car runs great.

5,000 gallons of gas has gone through it.

I have worked on the carb before and am familiar with setting floats
etc.

Should I , do nothing as the car is running fine

Should I rebuild carb with all new parts from Holley with successful outcome

Should I rebuild carb with horrible results , poor performance and lots of self recriminations

Should I send the carb to midyearvett and save a fortune in gas because I will not be driving my car while he has my carb

Should I ask Dahogan to ask Frank , because I have not told him about my plan

I do need to get Lars paper on modifications to the Holley heat shield that I want to install to prevent accelerator pump boil over.

What would you do ?

Jack

ps does the gasket go directly on intake then insulator, or insulator the gasket - carb

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

I don't remember a thing

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » søn mai 05, 2013 05:12

I remember going out to the garage, gas fumes I woke up with gas and oil on my hands. What could have happen in 30 minutes ?

I took the car for a ride and was hungry

Bilde

I got back in my car and drove toward home.

I remember posting to Frank.....it gets hazzy ...

There was a ride to Portland, I remember saying hello to some friends

Bilde

and then I looked in the garage

Bilde

Frank, I found it , wet and oily , put it in a box , you should get it in a few days

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

1960 Caddie tail lights

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man mai 06, 2013 03:25

Hello out there in TV land

Check out the tail lights on a pair of shoes my wife saw in NYC .

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Le Mans Tour Corvette Vagabond

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » ons mai 29, 2013 17:44

Hello to all,

Sorry for the long delay in stories, but I have been busy getting things in order for this summer's travel. Mostly getting my personal life in order , so that while I am having a great time traveling , my obligations at home are taken care of . Thanks again Patrica and Adam.

Le Mans Tour June 16 - 25 2013

I have the honor of being invited to attend the 24 hour Le Mans race by the Corvette Club of France. They have a special area reserved for cars and a famous BBQ on Sat. night during the race.

Andre Boer of the "Dutch Corvette Collection "

http://www.autobedrijfandreboer.nl/en/museum

is sponsoring part of my trip by lending me a C-5 Silver Corvette to drive for the week. I land in Netherlands on June 17, and will be picked up by Johan Boer, one of Andre's 3 sons, and taken to Wezep, home of Andre and Dutch collection.

On Tuesday , I leave Wezep and head toward Normandy, picking up Dutch NCRS and UK members along the way. We stay overnight in a small town , and reach Le Mans on Wednesday , June 18 th.

Lots of activities during the week at the track and off location. I hope to bring you pictures every day. I may meet two of the top drivers for the both the Corvette and Ferrari race teams, Oliver Gavin , Corvette team and Olivier Beretta , Ferrari and former Corvette team driver.

Lots of Corvettes to see, many of the Dutch NCRS members are driving 60, 63, 66 cars and lots of C-3 to C-6 Corvette owners.

Thanks for all your support over the years and I have enjoyed sharing my travels with you. Let me know if you have any special requests.

Jack
CorvetteVagabond.com
@corvettevagabond

I hope the weather is not like this, New Hampshire a few days ago

Bilde

I hope it is more like this

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

I thought you would like this card

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man jun 03, 2013 16:56

Just wanted to share a wonderful card that my very understanding wife gave me as a send off to Le Mans in two weeks. Without my families support , none of my adventures would be possible. To all the significant others that support their partners passions , Thank you.

ps She said, " Have a good time "

Jack
Corvette Vagabond

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Corvette Day at Lars Andersen Auto Museum Brookline MA

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man jun 10, 2013 03:24

Hi , I made it to the lawn show and took about 135 photos of many of the C1-c2 plus C-3 to C-6's that were present. Many are award winners. Trip was 250 miles round trip, 15.2 MPG , average speed on highways 76 mph, car ran at 3,400 to 4,000 rpms for almost 4 hours with 3.70 rear. It was great, no traffic and everybody doing 70 to 85, I did have to pass a few at 103 .........

Here is a link to Auto Museum http://larzanderson.org/

You can view a complete slide show by clicking on this link to Photo Bucket to see all photos

http://s633.photobucket.com/user/jackfi ... o%20Museum

Here are a few of photos of the cars and Museum

Bilde

Bilde

Ed Johnson NCRS member 63 roadster

Bilde

Friend David 63

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Arthur in his 57 fuelie Perfect I think

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

I think this one is mine

Bilde

Some cars on display at Museum

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

FI Ferrari

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Corvette Vagabond lives off land in France ?

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tir jun 11, 2013 03:14

Starting to make a check off list of things needed for the Corvette Vagabond's return to Europe this Sunday.

I leave Portland , ME on Sunday, June 16, 3 pm and get to Amsterdam , Netherlands on Monday morning June , 17th, 10 am.

Here is a picture of of Amsterdam from last fall on the 2012 Tour.

Bilde

This link will take you to my Goggle map, showing the first day's drive of 350 miles from Wezep, NL. to Forges les Eaux, France.

Stay the night and head to Le Mans , France on Wed, June 19th. Lots of photos and vids if possible of the road trip.

I will be driving a C-5 provided by Andre Boer from his collection of cars. " Dutch Corvette Collection. link to collection http://www.autobedrijfandreboer.nl/

Map Link

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source ... 18&t=m&z=6

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Lost in Paris Traffic

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » ons jun 12, 2013 14:57

Bonjour,

It was great driving into Paris until I made a turn , lost in traffic for 3 hours, so this time I will go around Paris on my way to Le Mans from Netherlands.

Bilde

Corvette Vagabond

Lots of activities during race week at Le Mans. I hope to post pictures every day. Wine, Women, Cars, should be fun

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Le Mans Tour Corvette Vagabond

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tor jun 13, 2013 16:12

How hard is the parking lot at Le Mans. It seems that no one goes home for extended periods of time. I have slept in my C-2. Is a C-5 more or less comfortable. More adventures for me. Any first hand tips from the peanut gallery on 4 days and night at Le Mans would be appreciated. My hosts, the Corvette Club of France , told me not to worry. And as Alfred E. Newman once said " What me worry ? " I fly off to Europe, camera , computer, phone, fast dry pants and a "sleeping bag" ?

Bilde

Long back straight , speeds at 170 +

Bilde

Behind Grandstands

Bilde

Bilde

Many little cottages like this in the Loir Valley in France not far from Le Mans. French Finance Ministers built their summer digs like the one below. Own it today, lose your head tomorrow, and a new owner smells the roses for a little while. How 16th and 17th Century Real Estate agents worked in France at the time. :rofl:

Bilde

Svar