Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Sted: Maine U S A
Kontakt:

Re: Have you logged on yet Jack?

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » lør feb 25, 2012 22:34

TheSaint skrev:Just checking if you are logged on to Corvette Club Norway

Hello Mr. Saint,

Yes I have made it.....all problems solved. I will make a new post introducing myself to your forum members. Thanks again for the help.

Do you remember what the " Tradition " is ?

Bilde
Bilde

Frankie the Fink
Bilde

Off to make a welcome post

Jack

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Hello to the Corvette Club Norway

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » lør feb 25, 2012 23:09

Hello, my name is Jack Panzica and I would like to thank the CCN for allowing me to join this forum. TheSaint, has introduced my to your forum and I hope my posts and upcoming trip will be of interest to you.

With your permission , I would like to tell a little story.

About 50 years ago, there was a US TV program call " Route 66 " It was about two young men " Buzz & Todd " who owned a C1 corvette and traveled along the historic Route 66 from Chicago , Illinois, to Los Angles California.

They would find all kinds of adventure, saving ladies in distress, putting criminal in jail, and just having a great time in a Corvette

As a 12 year old boy, I fell in love with the life they led and more important, the car they drove, a 1961 Corvette

After graduation from University and getting my first teaching position, at 22 years of age in 1969 , I bought a 1961 Corvette for $900

It caught fire in 1970 and I bought a 1966 L-79 327/350 Roadster. 42 years and 300,000 miles later , I still have that car and I still have a passion for driving it.

If you like, I would like to share some of my experiences with the car over the years and with great excitement, the possibility that I will bring my car to Norway this summer.

Rodger has been following my travels on the US CorvetteForum and I have enjoyed his posts on his car and on Norway and its people. It seems that you are just as crazy and passionate about your corvettes as Americans.

I have many "How to fix " posts that I can repost for those who need to fix both C1 C2 and C3 Corvette. I will post them if you like.

Here is a link that you can view on my 48 State Trip. You do not have to join to read....it has about 65 pages and 81,000 views.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and- ... await.html

Here is the post on my European Trip

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and- ... waits.html

I hope to ship the car to Norway the first week in August, make my way north to North Cape, to Finland south to Sweden on to Denmark and then central Europe and the leave Netherlands first week of October.

I look forward to meeting the people behind the screen names......that is the most fun.....

Please ask any questions that you may have

Cheers and a picture of my car a few weeks ago

Bilde

Jack

ps my wife is Norwegian if that helps :)
Sist redigert av Jack Panzica den lør feb 25, 2012 23:31, redigert 1 gang totalt.

Brukeravatar
C3VETTE
Corvette-Maniac
Corvette-Maniac
Sted: Lyngdal
Kontakt:

Re: Hello to the Corvette Club Norway

Legg inn av C3VETTE » lør feb 25, 2012 23:17

Welcome to the forum Jack :)
And ofcourse welcome to norway

Nice car

Mvh Kenneth

Brukeravatar
Ronnie
Corvette-Newbie
Corvette-Newbie
Sted: Kongsberg
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Ronnie » søn feb 26, 2012 00:02

Hi Jack and welcome to our forum. I have lived in US for 2,5 year. I lived in Pennsylvania in a little town called Johnstown also called the "Flood City" because of it's large floods in 1894 - 1930 and 1976 where a severe numbers of people where killed in those floods. Johnstown is about one hour ride from Pittsburgh so it's a part of the Steelers land. We bought our Corvette when we lived in Johnstown and shipped it to Norway in 2008. We shipped a C4 1994 model with only 10 000 miles.

My hometown is Kongsberg and if you drive by please contact us.

PS I have eaten the famous Maine Lobster.

Brukeravatar
jonaz
Corvette-Fanatic
Corvette-Fanatic
Sted: Telemark
Kontakt:

Re: Have you logged on yet Jack?

Legg inn av jonaz » søn feb 26, 2012 00:11

And again, welcome to this forum Jack :D Your Vette is very nice :!: :D

Brukeravatar
v8power
Corvette-Fanatic
Corvette-Fanatic
Kontakt:

Legg inn av v8power » søn feb 26, 2012 11:22

Welcome. Would be nice to have a wourld wide competition on whom has the Corvette with highest miles. Dont think many can compete with your 300000!

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » søn feb 26, 2012 16:35

v8power skrev:Welcome. Would be nice to have a wourld wide competition on whom has the Corvette with highest miles. Dont think many can compete with your 300000!
I would like to thank all of the club members for their warm welcome.

My plan is to arrive (car by ship) Oslo Norway. Projected date 8/04/12
From Olso I will head west , then north to Trondheim, by the 8/9
Trondheim to Cape North area 8/11 to Oulu around the 8/12
South from Oulu to Helsinki by 8/15 on to Stockholm by 8/17

I hope to spend 5 to 7 days in Norway. I have been offered places to stay in and I am very excited about it.

Here are some pictures of my car before I finished restoration (4th) in 2010 just before my 48 State trip. I had done all restoration myself , but the paint and motor rebuild.

March 2010

Bilde

Bilde

July 2010

Bilde
Bilde

I live on the coast of Maine in a small town called Cape Elizabeth. It is about 5 miles from Portland Maine, the major city . Maine is very much like Scandinavia, rugged coast line , tall pine trees and a long winter.

This winter has been mild. Here are a few pictures of Maine

Bilde
Bilde
Bilde
Bilde

Odotan vierailuni Norjaan. Pitkä sileä teillä, kahvia poliisi, ja me kaikki voimme ajaa nopeasti ja raivoissaan.

Kippis

jakki

Brukeravatar
v8power
Corvette-Fanatic
Corvette-Fanatic
Kontakt:

Legg inn av v8power » man feb 27, 2012 00:45

Nice car and nice location. But seems we have several threads on this issue. Maybe webmaster can straighten that up before it becomes to confusing.

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Blog Link

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tor mar 01, 2012 17:01

Hi,

I have started up my Blog: http://jackpanzica.blogspot.com/

I will write more personal information in the blog. Not tech information ,but more personal interactions with Europeans and my thoughts as I travel.

You can also make comments on the blog and become a follower.

I will try to keep it more up to date this time. I was so tired at the end of the day on the 48 state trip, the blog suffered. Hope to do better this year.

Brukeravatar
v8power
Corvette-Fanatic
Corvette-Fanatic
Kontakt:

Legg inn av v8power » fre mar 02, 2012 01:08

You are gonna have a great trip. As i mentioned we are quite a few guys from Bergen (Severel from the Corvette club of Bergen) going to the dragrace at Gardermoen 2-4 Aug. If it fits with your scedule you can follow us if you want to go west to Bergen Sunday.You can stay at our house in Bergen if you like.
There is usualy severel cars driving north to Hot August Nights altso. Most of them will probably take the shortest route (12 houres) but som might take the scenic route through Geiranger and Trollstigen. But if you are only spending 5-7 days in total in Norway you probably dont want to wait to Thursday/friday before you head north anyway.
I prefere to have a loose schedule when i do trips like that my self. So that you can change plans along the route and take a short cut here and there or spend an ekstra day somwere with out making a mess.

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » lør mar 03, 2012 16:56

Hello,
Here are pictures of my car unpacked and packed for my 20,000 mile trip. I was on the road for 90 days with my tent and the hospitality of hundreds of Corvette Enthusiasts.
It looks very neat and tidy, but once I was on the road, it was as messy as a kids room after play time.
I did not take a spare tire, I used the space to pack my tent and sleeping bag and stove.

Bilde
Bilde
Bilde
Bilde
Bilde
Bilde
Bilde

Brukeravatar
TheSaint
Corvette-Maniac
Corvette-Maniac
Sted: Hønefoss
Kontakt:

Legg inn av TheSaint » man mar 19, 2012 22:26

He he. I know the tradition Jack :D

We will for sure take care of you and the car :D

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » tor jun 28, 2012 03:18

Hello ,

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer....

I have an update on arrival dates in Scandinavia

As many of you know, in order for me to come to Europe and make a documentary film, I would have to raise additional funds to pay for the project. The final costs involved in shipping the car, insurance, petrol, documents, fees, equipment, maintenance and living...are more than anticipated.

I am using a fund raising program called Kickstarter, run by Amazon.com (they keep track of all records) you submit a topic for your film project and if committee approves the film project, you can try to get people to promise to back the project...if the total goal is reached , all pledges are collected, if not, no pledge is charged, you can read about it on my website WWW.CorvetteVagabond.com

Update arrival date change....I have 30 days to reach the funding goal . The fund raising goes until the 15th of July,

I can not ship the car by boat before the 13th...of July.....unless the goals are reached....the car will go the Germany first because that is the fastest way to get my car to Europe by August 3 ,.....which will give me time to drive like crazy to get to Scandinavia by the 5th

So with the help of the Corvette Gods, I should be putting on sun glasses and enjoying the midnight sun....in Norway soon

No matter what happens.....You and all your forum members have made me feel as if I had known you all my life.....Thanks

Jack

Jack Panzica
Corvette-Freak
Corvette-Freak
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Jack Panzica » man jul 02, 2012 04:55

I would like to thank Paul Harrington and the many corvette friends and members of the New England Corvette Club for send off party for the European trip.

Paul had set up a little party on the first day of my 48 state trip....to my surprise , more than 20 corvettes and their owners greeted my at Paul's home on Cape Cod....

This year Paul invited me down to do a pre trip tune up and inspections of my car before taking it to Europe.....I got there on Friday and we changed the plugs, oil, filter and check all fluids....Paul has a great garage and a few very nice cars.....and a lift...

Unfortunately.....as I got off the highway and slowed down a bit...I began to hear a bad sound from the rear and drive train....

We spent the day trying to track it down....we did find that my trailing arm shims had popped out on my right side.....we found some extras and replaced the missing ones....but the clanking and clinking continued...

I drove the car home and had no problem at high speeds, no noise or clanking....but at low speeds clinking came back....I will try to get the car to my mechanic to find the problem......hate to have a wheel fall off or some other drive train part break on the road

We did a mock judging of my car NCRS style....no I am not going to tell you how many points I had deducted.....But my engine now has decals.....I remember the original ones from 42 years ago......long gone, but now......just like new.......it says my engine has 350 HP...so it must be true..

Here are a few pictures and and link to all of them on Photobucket....about 15 to 20 members showed up with some very fast late models....

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57 ... f%20party/

Capevettes Garage

Bilde

Paul helping with oil filter

Bilde

Loose shims trailing arm

Bilde

Looking for source of clanking and clinking

Bilde

Inside garage

Bilde

Out side of garage